We're seeking a part-time Web UI Designer to join the UX and design team in our Christchurch office.
As a UI Designer you'll play an essential role in improving the form and function of our online, information-based products. We are a successful and rapidly growing business and this is your chance to be a critical component of a brand new User Experience team. You'll get the chance to take charge of UI design over our suite of products, and you'll be responsible for ensuring they look beautiful and function flawlessly.
As a tech writing company, we're very good at producing and delivering high value content. However, we've been less focused on user experience and design, and it's time to change that. You'll be part of a new team working to influence the way we look at, and value design. You'll unpick, rebuild, and reimagine our user interfaces, working with our talented and passionate team of technical writers, information designers, and product managers to create effortless and useful online interactions.
What you'll be working on
- You'll help improve access to medical care for over 25 million patients, in NZ and overseas, by making critical information for doctors easier to access during patient visits.
- You'll help patients find and use reliable, easy-to-understand information about health conditions.
- You'll assist schools and GP practices to run more effectively by making policy and procedure information effortless to find, maintain, and collaborate on.
- And you'll help many New Zealand organisations run more efficiently by supporting them to share knowledge internally, using our online solutions.
What you'll be responsible for
Reporting to the User Experience and Design Manager, you'll be:
- Developing interfaces that measurably improve information finding.
- Providing joy-of-use to our customers.
- Evolving and maintaining UI guidelines for colours; icons; typographic specifications; graphic, photographic and motion concepts; and other relevant elements.
- Championing design thinking and best practice.
What we're looking for
To land this role you'll demonstrate your proven ability to:
- Translate business goals, product requirements, research, and testing insights into highly desirable, intuitive products.
- Create responsive UIs that engage customers across devices.
- Build high-fidelity web prototypes and iterate designs based on user insights.
- Explain your ideas, designs, and best practices in order to successfully convince, motivate, and inspire stakeholders.
- Collaborate with writers, product managers, and developers throughout the product lifecycle.
Salary will be based on the proven skills and experience of the person. Less experienced people who demonstrate the right aptitude will be considered.
To apply for the position, please contact Claire Nicholson by email email@example.com.
This job is only available to New Zealand residents with excellent oral and written English.